We are the voice of real estate on the Highlands-Cashiers Plateau!
The Highlands-Cashiers Board of REALTORS® is a non-profit trade association, chartered with the National Association of REALTORS® on November 13, 1956 and incorporated on September 21, 1984. Currently HCBOR has approximately 300 members, serving southern Macon County, southern Jackson County and surrounding areas in North Carolina.
The Highlands-Cashiers Board of REALTORS® strives:
- To unite those engaged in the recognized branches of the real estate profession for the purpose of exerting a beneficial influence upon the professional and related interests.
- To promote and maintain high standards of conduct in the real estate profession as expressed in the Code of Ethics of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.
- To provide a unified medium for real estate owners and those engaged in the real estate profession whereby their interests may be safeguarded and advanced.
- To further the interests of home and other real property ownership.
- To unite those engaged in the real estate profession in this community with the North Carolina Association of REALTORS® and the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, thereby furthering their own objectives throughout the state and nation, and obtaining the benefits and privileges of membership therein.
- To designate, for the benefit of the public, individuals authorized to use the terms REALTOR® and REALTORS® as licensed, prescribed, and controlled by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OR REALTORS®.